Preparing for birth can be filled with uncertainty, apprehension, anticipation, and joy. We offer education, affirmation, and unbiased support.
Knowledge is power. Birthing families have many decisions to make and planning ahead is important. We are here to provide you with expert and researched information, but more than that they are tailored to your needs. Our intent is to help you prepare for this life-changing event.
You and your partner can benefit from our extensive experience in the birth process which includes affirmation. Affirmation is a powerful tool to help you achieve your birth plan.
Why unbiased support?
If there is one time in your life where you need a judgment-free space, this is it and you can count on us to provide it.
Our Birth Support Services
- We begin with a birth planning prenatal visit in your home so you can share, and we can fully understand, your vision for the birth of your baby. During this visit, our goal is to become attuned to you and your partner’s needs and desires for labor and birth.
- Our on-call service begins the moment we commit to working together. Feel free to reach out to us by phone or email during the remainder of your pregnancy so that we may support you with compassion and evidence-based information regarding any question you may have.
- During labor, we will come to you, at the location of your birthing choice. We will provide and offer a variety of comfort measures to ease the difficulty of labor.
- You can expect mindful breathing, relaxation and visualization techniques, counter pressure and massage, positional changes to help open the pelvis and so much more.
- Continuous care is what sets doula support apart from medical support. Providers and nursing staff change with the “schedule” while your Chicago Mindful Doula remains by your side until you have birthed, bonded, and are ready to rest.
- After your precious new life is in your arms, your Chicago Mindful Doula will stay close by, while being mindful of the special and private moments that your family is having.
- Guidance and support are close by as your baby begins to show signs of readiness to feed.
- Your doula will also happily photograph some of those first moments for you so that your partner may be in the photos rather than on the other side of the camera.
- The opportunity for a mini-music consultation with a music therapist to assist you with choosing a birthing playlist.
- Lastly, we will arrange an appointment with you to follow up and check in with your family once you have arrived home and settled in. We will celebrate you and your birth story, answer questions about the birth and offer some guidance on adjusting to life with this new little, loved one in your home.